At Frye Design, we use a state of the art Innova longarm quilting machine with an AutoPilot computerized quilting system. We specialize in edge to edge quilting. Our pricing is simple and competitive at $27 per sq. yd. total package, which includes batting and thread. We use Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 batting, and Superior Threads Omni and Fil-Tec Glide thread for all our quilts.
Please call or email to schedule a complimentary appointment to discuss your quilting needs. When you arrive at our studio, we will view your quilt top and backing and select a stitch pattern and thread to enhance your quilt. Please allow up to three weeks for the quilting process. Besides cash or check, we also accept all major credit cards for your payment convenience.
Some important things to keep in mind when preparing your quilt top and backing for longarm services:
- Make sure to include an extra 3″-4″ per side measurement of the backing fabric to allow for clamping the backing to the longarm machine and slight shrinkage when quilting.
- Do not include selvages in a pieced backing. This can distort the quilting stitches especially in tightly woven fabrics like batiks. Allow 1/2″ seam allowance for your pieced backing.
- All quilt tops and backing pieces must be square. Borders that are pieced without measuring can result in waves. A wonky top or back can result in puckering.
- Edge seams must be secure. Please stay-stitch quilts with loose seam edges. We will charge $5.00 extra per quilt if we must add stay stitching.
- Trim excess threads and carefully press quilt top and backing flat. Pin the top of both pieces with a safety pin to mark right side up. Do not baste the layers together.
- All fabric must be clean and free from stains, pet hair, and smoke odor. If you think your quilt top may have collected pet hair, it’s appreciated if you take a tape roller to it first.
- Our minimum quilting service fee is $30.
Watch our Innova longarm quilting an edge-to-edge pattern below. Click on the button to view the short video.